Monday, September 01, 2008

Office GTD Set-Up, Part 1


This shows my set-up at work. I use a Lenovo X60 Tablet PC which is on an adjustable easel and attached to a larger screen. I can then use the actual laptop to ink on whilst still giving me the flexibility of a larger screen for word processing and the like. I also have attached to my system an old HP palmtop machine that sync's with my Outlook mail, contacts and calendar. I have the Netcentrics GTD add-in for Outlook 2007 and that really works well for me. I try to keep my inbox with as little as possible in it and file off e-mails to other folders or make them into tasks with assigned categories through the add-in. I tend to take quick notes into a large Moleskine, but review them on a daily and weekly basis (via my weekly review) to make sure that they have got into my system. I like using MindManager for ideas generation and outlining problems. I also keep a master map which links to a lot of smaller maps which encompasses my whole life! - work, home, hobbies, projects, relationships, life etc., etc! I use the DA files (they are great) and I'll talk about my filing and Tickler system in the next post, as well as a few other DA goodies that I have bought.

No comments: