Thursday, September 04, 2008

Office GTD Set-Up Part 3 - Tickler


When I first read "Getting Things Done" I found the concept of the Tickler File the hardest to get my head around. However after seeing the Great Man himself at a Roadmap Seminar I resolved to try to incorporate this idea. I made my own files with my trusty label maker and started to use it. It was nothing short of a revelation for me, both at home and work (I have a tickler at both locations). At work its great for filing papers that I know I will need to refer to again, at home I primarily use it to keep track of when I need to pay bills. I found some mesh boxes at my local Staples to keep the tickler set of files in and this works really well at both locations. Some months ago I treated myself to a DA tickler set of files and they are great - sturdy and robust. I have yet to up-grade my home set - but will do in time. I would encourage anyone maybe struggling with the tickler concept to give it a try - it has helped my cope and be more organised with my paperwork at work.


No comments: