Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Office GTD Set-Up Part 4 - Moleskine


I use this Moleskine Notebook as my general note taking device. I have tabbed it with the latest Post-It Index Tabs and printed the subject matter on labels and attached them to the tabs. I have been using these tabs for a couple of weeks and they are robust as you can see and stand up well to general wear and tear. I like the Moleskine format, it is robust and the paper quality is good - which is essential when you use a fountain pen. I carry this notebook around with me all the time and keep notes and general information in it. I don't keep reminders or "To-Do's" in it, it is essentially reference information. Mobile capture device is the DA pocket notetaker. I have one of the newer style larger softback Moleskine on my desk at work. I use it essentially as a "Day Book" in that I capture my voicemail messages, telephone numbers details of conversations or general notes and then process them either directly or into my Outlook Tasks. I then review all these notes on a weekly basis during my Weekly Review. My preference in all my Moleskine notebooks is for the grid format pages.

No comments: