Monday, November 17, 2008

Macbook

(photo credit Just a Guy who likes to take pictures)

What started as a quick run into town to look at a possible new computer for my partner resulted in us buying two Macbooks! My partner had been struggling with a Samsung Q1 (remember, one of the first umpc's), it has been gradually been getting slower and slower and the fan has stopped working - so it now closes down when it gets too hot. So a new computer was needed for an up-and-coming dissertation and general business admin. We discussed many options desktop/laptop/PC/Apple. As my partner is a keen iPhone user I knew that a Mac was going to be a possibility so off we went - just to have a look! We don't have the luxury of an Apple store near us, but we do have a re-seller. We had a look around and saw the new MacBook 13 inch titanium with LED screen - it was gorgeous. We chatted to the sales assistant about using Office on the Mac, and he mentioned that he had one of the old 13 inch white MacBooks left - highly spec'd and going for knock-down price of £700. So I ended up buying that one and my partner got the new titanium model. So from a zero mac household to a two Mac household in about an hour. As we bought two we got a very nice £30 sleeve thrown-in. Now just getting to grips with a different operating system, which I'll blog about later.

No comments: