Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Apple Experience Continues


(Photo Credit halidCan!)

The great Mac experience continues. Ages ago I purchases a Seagate 500GB external drive, as we only had PC's at the time it was formatted in NTFS. I wanted to be able to use this storage with the new Macs, so I had to move the files and re-format the drive. In my research for the project I read a lot of horror stories about the process, however its as easy as pie. Formatted to FAT32 so that we can still use it with the PC's we have lying around, in various stages of sickness, and the new Macs. Re-formatting was quick and then moved files back and hey presto the Macbook sees the files. Great - now how long would such a process have taken with Vista and how many attempts would it have taken to get the job done? One can only speculate! Got Office for Mac on order, I know that's a bit anathema on an Apple machine but as we all know too many of the rest of world use Microsoft software and we need to be compatible.


No comments: