Wednesday, November 19, 2008

iTunes Fun

(Photo credit existentist)

In an effort to integrate my data onto my Macbook I decided to attack the age-old issue of transferring iTunes. I should say that I had a problem at work with the iTunes on my laptop. Although the data on the iTunes amounted to about 20GB the file was showing 37GB. As a result and because of space issues it had to be moved to an external portable hard drive. At the time I felt that there must be a simple answer, and when I set about transferring the files to the Macbook I discovered it. I download and watch a lot of videocasts, some up to 50 mins in length. Once I have watched them I delete them. They disappear from the podcast section and I fully delete them from the recycle bin. However I have discovered that iTunes still keeps a copy in the folder for that podcast. Hence the additional space being used! Anyway got the music and podcasts transferred, only slight issue is that according to the iTunes store I have now authorised 4 out of 5 of my allowed authorisations! I think I will need to find my old laptops and de-authorise them (if I can). The remaining issue is the playlists, although I think I may have solved that, will need to see if up-loading the text files works tonight!

No comments: