Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Exercise


I'm back, absence can be put down to work, Christmas hassle, building works at home and generally not enough time! I intend to try to rectify these issues and try to post on a more regular basis (getting it into my GTD process). As someone who has see-sawed in weight all her life, I am back in the need to lose it mode. In the past I have done a lot of exercising, but with work pressures and domestic life changes over the past 4 years my routine went from 5-6 hours cardio per week to 1 hour. With no resulting drop in calorific consumption, that led to the inevitable slow but gradual weight gain. So in October I decide that action was required. No longer having the iron will that I once had, and having more domestic responsibilities I decided that what I needed was a Personal Trainer - someone to keep me on track and honest with myself. Well three months later and I've managed to lose 16lbs with another 12lbs to go by the beginning of March (my reward is dinner at the Fat Duck). My general fitness is now better and with that in mind I'm going to my first spinning class on Saturday! Actually I'm looking forward to it - well more accurately I'm probably looking forward to the end of the class!

No comments: